Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Summer can't come soon enough!


I am SOOOO ready for summer. About mid-March I begin to get the "lake itch"! We are fortunate enough to own a place at Smith Mountain Lake. We try to spend as much time there during the summer months as we can. We generally go down on Friday afternoons and come home Sunday nights while school is still in session and then spend even more time during the summer months. The lake is about a 45 minute drive from our year round home.


The positives of being at the lake are that we have a boat, seadoos, can fish when we want and swim when we want. We have a floating dock and the water is generally no less than 10ft deep off the end of our dock. The kids enjoy running and jumping into the water off the dock. Often times I just sit on the boat while they swim. I am always relaxed while there! Often times finding myself falling asleep by 9pm :)


The disadvantages of the lake: NO DISHWASHER!!! Wow, I just never realized how much I depended on my dishwasher at home LOL. Also there are only 2 bedrooms (5 people) and 1 bathroom.


Yes, it is small! But it is ours! :)

3 comments:

Michelle said...

If I am taking kids I always have a dishwasher with me.. if there are no kids with us then for two people we dont make too many dishes :):) Sounds like a great time.. beautiful lake

Shanon said...

At home my 11yr old loads the dishwasher, but I don't trust her to get them clean doing them by hand LOL

Krazy Kate Designs said...

I just blogged about camping and fishing! It's that time of year. :) What a beautiful area you are in for your summering!